Really easy to make, and not very sweet. I served them with apricot jam to raves. Let the batter sit for a bit before you bake it and they'll rise better.
Blackberry Cornbread Muffins
Photo: Becky Luigart-Stayner
More From Southern Living
Total: 35 Minutes
- 2 cups self-rising white cornmeal
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 1 (16-oz.) container sour cream
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups frozen blackberries
- 1. Preheat oven to 450°. Stir together cornmeal and sugar in a large bowl; make a well in center of mixture. Whisk together eggs, sour cream, and butter; add to cornmeal, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened. Fold in blackberries. Spoon batter into 2 lightly greased 12-cup muffin pans, filling three-fourths full.
- 2. Bake at 450° for 15 to 17 minutes or until tops are golden brown. Cool in pan on a wire rack 5 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breads