Photo: Hector Sanchez; Styling: Buffy Hargett Miller
More From Southern Living
Total: 1 Hour, 20 Minutes
- 2 1/2 cups fresh blackberries*
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Whipped cream or ice cream
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. Stir together blackberries and sugar in a medium bowl. Let stand 25 minutes or until some liquid is released and sugar turns pink.
- 2. Whisk together flour and next 3 ingredients in a medium bowl. Stir in melted butter until blended. Spread batter in an ungreased 8-inch square pan. Spoon blackberry mixture over batter; sprinkle with cinnamon.
- 3. Bake at 375° for 45 to 50 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown. Serve warm with whipped cream or ice cream.
- *Frozen blackberries, thawed and drained, may be substituted.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note