- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 (14-ounce) bags frozen blackberries, unthawed
- 1/2 (15-ounce) package refrigerated piecrusts
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Vanilla ice cream (optional)
- Sugared Piecrust Sticks (optional)
How to Make It
Stir together first 4 ingredients in a large bowl. Gently stir in blackberries until sugar mixture is crumbly. Spoon fruit mixture into a lightly greased 11- x 7-inch baking dish.
Cut 1 piecrust into 1/2-inch-wide strips, and arrange strips diagonally over blackberry mixture. Sprinkle top with 1 tablespoon sugar.
Bake at 425° for 45 minutes or until crust is golden brown and center is bubbly. Serve with ice cream and Sugared Piecrust Sticks, if desired.