Blackberry Chocolate Chunk Ice Cream
Photo: Alex Farnum; Styling: Randy Mon
Use this shortcut method to make just about any ice cream flavor you want.
Yield: Makes 4 1/2 cups (serving size: 1/2 cup)
More From Sunset
4 Hours, 30 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 268
- Calories from fat: 43%
- Protein: 4g
- Fat: 13g
- Saturated fat: 6g
- Carbohydrate: 35g
- Fiber: 2.7g
- Sodium: 71mg
- Cholesterol: 39mg
- 1 1/2 pts. blackberries (about 9 oz.)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 qts. vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped dark chocolate
- 1. Mash berries with a fork in a microwave-safe bowl. Stir in sugar. Microwave, stirring every 20 seconds, until sugar has dissolved, 1 minute. Let cool completely.
- 2. Beat ice cream in a stand mixer with the paddle attachment just until smooth, about 30 seconds.
- 3. Scoop ice cream into a freezer-safe straight-sided container, alternating with blackberry mixture and chocolate.
- 4. Fold ice cream to form a swirl, pulling up from the sides and bottom. Press plastic wrap onto surface; cover. Freeze until firm.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This