Blackberry Cheese Pie
Refrigerate: 4 Hours
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 2 3-ounce package(s) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup(s) confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup(s) heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 3/4 cup(s) sugar
- 1/4 cup(s) cornstarch
- 1 cup(s) pineapple-orange juice
- 2 cup(s) fresh blackberries and/or raspberries, divided
- • Line a 9-in. pie plate with pastry; trim and flute edges. Line pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack.
- • In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar. Fold in whipped cream. Transfer to pastry shell. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- • In a small saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Gradually whisk in juice until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat.
- • Mash 1/2 cup berries; stir into juice mixture. Cool for 10 minutes, stirring several times. Fold in remaining berries. Spoon over cream cheese mixture.
- • Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 6-8 servings.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note