- 2 (15-ounce) cans blackberries, undrained
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Caramel Cream Frosting
- Drain blackberries, reserving 1/2 cup juice. Dredge blackberries in 1/2 cup flour.
- Combine butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl, beating well. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Combine 1/2 cups flour, cocoa, soda, and spices; add to creamed mixture alternately with blackberry juice, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat well after each addition. Stir in blackberries and vanilla.
- Pour batter into 3 greased and floured 9 - inch round cake pans. Bake at 350° for 30 to 35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes; remove layers from pans, and let cool completely. Spread Caramel Cream Frosting between layers and on top and sides of cake.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Cakes/Frostings