- 1/2 cup(s) shortening
- 1 cup(s) sugar, divided
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 1/2 cup(s) all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 1/2 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 cup(s) milk
- 2 cup(s) fresh or frozen blackberries
- 2 teaspoon(s) lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup(s) cold butter
- • In a large bowl, cream the shortening and 1/2 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Add the egg and mix well. Combine 2 cups flour, baking powder and salt; add to the creamed mixture alternately with the milk, beating well after each addition.
- • Spread into a greased 9-in. square baking dish. Toss the blackberries with lemon juice; sprinkle over batter. In a small bowl, combine the cinnamon and remaining sugar and flour; cut in the butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over berries.
- • Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 9-12 servings.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note