Very simple and easy to make! I used whole wheat flour, a mixture of fresh blackberries and cherries, subbed almond milk for regular, applesauce for the butter and egg substitute instead of whole egss to lighten up the recipe. Delicious!
This blackberry quick bread can be made with either fresh or frozen blackberries and is accented with lemon juice and cinnamon. A loaf makes a nice housewarming gift for a new neighbor.
More From Southern Living
Bake: 1 Hour, 15 Minutes
Cool: 1 Hour, 10 Minutes
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen blackberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Stir together flour and next 3 ingredients in a medium bowl; stir in blackberries.
- 2. Whisk together sugar and next 5 ingredients in a medium bowl until thoroughly blended. Add to flour mixture, stirring just until blended. Pour batter into a lightly greased 8 1/2- x 4 1/2-inch loaf pan.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until a long wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes. Remove from pan to wire rack, and cool completely (about 1 hour).
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This