Tasty, easy and a fun contribution to a pot luck. I was invited to a garden tea party potluck and these were a perfect addition to the buffet. I made this in my mini-cupcake pan using baking spray (butter & flour), they cooked in 15 minutes and they popped out beautifully.
Blackberry-Almond Tea Cakes
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 234
- Calories from fat: 54%
- Protein: 4.4g
- Fat: 14g
- Saturated fat: 5.8g
- Carbohydrate: 24g
- Fiber: 1.4g
- Sodium: 98mg
- Cholesterol: 58mg
- 1/2 cup (1/4 lb.) butter, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 package (7 oz.) almond paste
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated orange zest
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups fresh blackberries (see notes)
- Powdered sugar
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a bowl, combine butter, granulated sugar, almond paste, and orange zest. With a mixer on high speed, beat until mixture is blended, about 2 minutes. Add eggs and beat until fluffy, 1 or 2 minutes. Add flour, stir to mix, then increase speed and beat until well blended. Batter will be thick.
- 2. Fill a pan of 12 buttered or paper-lined muffin cups (1/2-cup capacity) about 2/3 full with batter. With a small flexible spatula, spread batter smooth. Arrange a few blackberries on top of batter in each cup; lightly press berries into batter.
- 3. Bake until cakes are golden brown, 25 to 30 minutes. Cool in pan about 5 minutes. Serve dusted with powdered sugar.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breakfast/Brunch