Make sure to put all the liquid stated in the recipe. I removed a few tsp. of water because I used more Kahlua and the cookies are a bit dry. Tasty, but dry. (I added more choc. chips than stated as I wasn't using white chips at all).
Black and White Chocolate Chip Cookies
Randy Mayor; Leigh Ann Ross
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 87
- Calories from fat: 31%
- Fat: 3g
- Saturated fat: 1.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.4g
- Protein: 0.8g
- Carbohydrate: 14.3g
- Fiber: 0.3g
- Cholesterol: 2mg
- Iron: 0.7mg
- Sodium: 35mg
- Calcium: 11mg
- 2 cups cake flour (about 8 ounces)
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons vegetable shortening
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons egg substitute
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Kahlúa (coffee-flavored liqueur)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 tablespoons semisweet chocolate minichips
- 1/3 cup premium white chocolate chips
- 2 1/2 tablespoons finely chopped pecans, toasted
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour, baking powder, and 1/4 teaspoon salt; stir with a whisk.
- Combine sugars, butter, and shortening in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Combine 1/4 cup water, egg substitute, Kahlúa, and vanilla in a small bowl. Add Kahlúa mixture to sugar mixture; beat 2 minutes or until well blended. Gradually add flour mixture; beat at low speed just until combined. Fold in chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, and pecans. Drop by level tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake, 1 sheet at a time, at 350° for 14 minutes or just until set and beginning to brown around edges and on bottoms. Remove from oven; cool on pan 1 minute. Remove from pan; cool completely on wire racks.
- Note: You can freeze completely cooled cookies for up to a month in a zip-top plastic bag.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Black and White Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe at a Glance