Black Walnut Pie
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup black walnut pieces
- 1 (9-inch) unbaked pastry shell
- Beat eggs and sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Add syrup and next 5 ingredients, beating until smooth.
- Place walnuts in pastry shell; pour filling over nuts.
- Bake at 375° for 35 minutes (center of pie will not be set). Cool completely, and serve with sweetened whipped cream.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This