Black Sesame Seared Tuna
Black Sesame Seared Tuna becomes the perfect party pick-up food when served threaded on bamboo skewers.
More From Coastal Living
- 12 (6-inch) bamboo skewers
- 1/3 cup toasted black or white sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound sushi-grade tuna, about 1 1/2 inches thick
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- Wasabi Aïoli
- 1. Soak bamboo skewers in water at least 30 minutes.
- 2. Combine sesame seeds and next 3 ingredients in a shallow plate. Cut tuna against the grain to make 3-inch-wide x 1 1/2-inch-thick strips. Rub 1 tablespoon vegetable oil on all sides of tuna, and roll in sesame seed mixture.
- 3. Heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil in a heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Sear tuna 1 to 2 minutes on each side. Remove from heat, and refrigerate immediately to stop fish from cooking. (Tuna should be rare in center.)
- 4. Slice tuna across the grain into 1/2-inch slices. Thread 2 pieces on each bamboo skewer, and transfer to a platter. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons Wasabi Aïoli, and serve with remaining aïoli.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note