- 1 cup sweet (glutinous) black rice
- 3/4 cup sweet (glutinous) white rice
- 1/2 cup chopped palm sugar or firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 can (14 oz.) coconut milk
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups bite-size chunks mango or fresh or drained canned litchis
- Coconut ice cream (optional)
- calories 213
- caloriesfromfat 31 %
- protein 2.6 g
- fat 7.2 g
- satfat 6.3 g
- carbohydrate 35 g
- fiber 1 g
- sodium 10 mg
- cholesterol 0.0 mg
How to Make It
Place black and white rice in a fine strainer and rinse well under cool running water until water runs clear. Place rice in a 2- to 3-quart pan and add 5 cups water. Bring to a boil over high heat; reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, until rice is tender to bite, stirring occasionally, 18 to 20 minutes. If rice begins to stick, stir in a little more water.
Mix sugar and 1/4 cup hot water. Stir into rice. Add salt to taste.
Serve the rice pudding warm or at room temperature. Spoon the pudding into stemmed glasses or small bowls. Stir the coconut milk and pour it equally over portions. Top each serving with fruit and a small scoop of coconut ice cream.