This was really good. I cut the lime juice in half however. I will make again.
Black Pepper Tofu and Green Beans
The black pepper adds quite a bit of heat to this dish--cut it back if you prefer something milder. Serve over rice or with a side salad.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 285
- Calories from fat: 37%
- Protein: 17g
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated fat: 1.1g
- Carbohydrate: 30g
- Fiber: 8.6g
- Sodium: 276mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed and halved
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 14 ounces firm tofu, drained and patted dry
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sliced shallots
- 1. Bring a medium pot of water to a boil, add green beans, and cook until bright green, about 3 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water. In a small bowl, mix lime juice, soy sauce, and pepper, then set aside.
- 2. Cut tofu into 1/2-in.-thick rectangles. Heat oil in a nonstick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add tofu, sprinkle with sugar, and cook, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Stir in shallots and cook until browned, about 3 minutes. Add green beans and cook until warmed, about 3 minutes. Pour in soy mixture and stir to coat.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note