This is the best crab recipe that I have ever served. And, it is also super easy. Serve it with crusty bread to soak up the delightful honey-soy liquid. I will prepare this again, and very soon.
Black Pepper Dungeness Crab
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 403
- Calories from fat: 29%
- Protein: 30g
- Fat: 13g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Carbohydrate: 46g
- Fiber: 2g
- Sodium: 3453mg
- Cholesterol: 129mg
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 1/2 tablespoons finely chopped garlic
- 1/3 cup minced green onions
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 3/4 cup reduced-sodium or regular soy sauce
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3 cooked Dungeness crabs (4 3/4 to 5 1/2 lb. total), cleaned and cracked
- 1/4 cup peppercorns
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil or salad oil
- 1. In a large bowl, combine cilantro, garlic, onions, ginger, soy, and honey. Add crab pieces. Cover and chill 15 minutes to 1 hour, turning crab often.
- 2. Coarsely grind pepper in a coffee grinder or crush with a rolling pin.
- 3. Pour oil into a 14-inch wok or 6- to 8-quart pan over medium-high heat. Pour crab, marinade, and 1 1/2 tablespoons pepper into wok. Stir often until crab is steaming hot, about 5 minutes.
- 4. Sprinkle remaining pepper over crab and mix well. Ladle crab and juices into bowls.
- Note: Sharon Tobin starts with live crabs that she catches. If you start with live crabs, have your fishmonger kill 3 (5 1/4 to 6 lb. total), and clean and crack them. Marinate pieces (step 1), then lift out and add to hot oil (step 3), cover, and stir often for 5 minutes. Add marinade and 1 1/2 tablespoons pepper to pan and stir often until crab shells are bright red, about 5 minutes more.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes