Black Lentil Chili
- 2 cup(s) black lentils measured dry
- 1 can(s) red beans 29oz
- 1 can(s) fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 can(s) tomato sauce 14 - 15 oz
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 small or medium white onion chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers finely chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) green bell pepper chopped
- 2 teaspoon(s) cumin
- 2 teaspoon(s) chopped garlic or more
- 2 tablespoon(s) chili powder
- salt and pepper
- 1 pinch(s) oregano
- Bring lentils to a boil in about 4 cups of water, simmer for about 18 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- In heavy large saucepot, saute onions and peppers in oil for about 5 minutes. Add cumin and garlic and cook for another minute. Add the rest of the ingredients to the pan. Simmer for 45 minutes on low, covered.
- Serve with mexican cheese and crispy tortilla chips.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Heather71 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note