- 3 1/2 cups fat-skimmed chicken broth
- 2 packages (12 to 14 oz. each) frozen puréed yellow squash
- 2 cans (15 oz. each) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups shredded skinned cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup tomato salsa
- About 1/4 cup tequila (optional)
- About 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- calories 389
- caloriesfromfat 15 %
- protein 38 g
- fat 6.3 g
- satfat 1.5 g
- carbohydrate 46 g
- fiber 12 g
- sodium 794 mg
- cholesterol 62 mg
How to Make It
Combine broth and squash in a 4- to 6-quart pan over high heat. Stir frequently until squash is thawed and mixture boils, 15 to 18 minutes.
Stir in beans, chicken, salsa, and tequila and lemon juice to taste; stir often just until hot, 1 to 2 minutes.
Ladle into wide bowls. Garnish with cilantro.