Black Forest Upside Down Cakes
Cool: 20 Minutes
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1/3 cup(s) all purpose flour (spooned and leveled)
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) coarse salt
- 1 1/2 cup(s) drained jarred sour cherries (1 teaspoon juice reserved)
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/4 cup(s) heavy cream
- 1/3 cup(s) plus 3 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon(s) rum
- 1/4 cup(s) unsalted butter (1/2 stick), room temperature
- 1/4 cup(s) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoon(s) whole milk
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place 1 tablespoon butter, 1 tablespoon brown sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon cherry juice in the bottom of each of two 8 ounce ramekins. Microwave ramekins until butter and brown sugar are melted and bubbling, about 1 minute. Arrange cherries in a tightly packed layer in the bottom of each ramekin.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt. In another small bowl, stir together 2 tablespoons butter and 1/3 cup brown sugar with a wooden spoon until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Stir in egg yolk, then flour mixture and milk. Divide batter between ramekins.
- 3. Place ramekins on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center of a cake comes out with only a few crumbs attached, about 30 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack, 20 minutes. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat cream, 1 tablespoon brown sugar, and rum until soft peaks form. Run a paring knife around edge of each cake and invert onto a plate. Serve cakes with rum whipped cream.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note