- Cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon butter or stick margarine, melted
- 1 tablespoon kirsch (cherry brandy)
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- 2 (16 1/2-ounce) cans pitted dark sweet cherries in heavy syrup, drained
- 1 (1 lb., 4.5-ounce) package low-fat fudge brownie mix (such as Betty Crocker Sweet Rewards)
- 2/3 cup water
- 2 large egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- calories 278
- fat 5 g
- satfat 2.1 g
- protein 4 g
- carbohydrate 57 g
- cholesterol 2 mg
- iron 1.9 mg
- sodium 198 mg
- caloriesfromfat 16 %
- fiber 2.0 g
- calcium 7.9 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 350°.
Coat a 9-inch square baking pan with cooking spray. Place melted butter in pan; stir in kirsch. Combine brown sugar and 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon; sprinkle evenly over butter mixture. Sprinkle almonds over brown sugar; arrange cherries on top of almonds.
Combine brownie mix and remaining 3 ingredients in a large bowl; stir well. Spoon batter over cherries in prepared pan.
Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 5 minutes on a wire rack. Using a thin spatula or a knife, loosen cake from edge of pan. Place a plate, upside down, on top of pan; invert cake onto plate. Let cool completely.