- 1 (8-ounce) package chocolate sugar-free, low-fat cake mix (such as Sweet 'N Low)
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 (1-ounce) package chocolate sugar-free, fat-free instant pudding mix
- 2 cups fat-free milk
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen no-sugar-added pitted cherries
- 2 or 3 drops of red food coloring
- 2 cups fat-free frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Sugar-free chocolate curls (optional)
- calories 132
- caloriesfromfat 0.0 %
- fat 1.7 g
- satfat 0.6 g
- monofat 0.0 g
- polyfat 0.0 g
- protein 3.3 g
- carbohydrate 28.1 g
- fiber 0.9 g
- cholesterol 1 mg
- iron 0.0 mg
- sodium 151 mg
- calcium 0.0 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 375°.
Prepare cake mix according to package directions, using 3/4 cup water. Let cake cool in pan; remove from pan, and cut into cubes.
Prepare pudding mix according to package directions, using 2 cups fat-free milk; chill at least 30 minutes.
Thaw cherries, reserving 1/4 cup juice. Combine cherries, juice, and food coloring.
Place half of cake cubes in a 3-quart trifle bowl. Spoon half of cherries over cake; spread 1 cup pudding over cherries, and top with half of whipped topping. Repeat layers. Garnish with chocolate curls, if desired (chocolate curls not included in analysis). Cover and chill at least 8 hours.
Look for sugar-free cake mixes alongside the regular cake mixes or in the dietetic section of the grocery store.