So very easy! Hubby loved it. I used cherries, but agree strawberries would also be very good. For the cookies, I used Keebler chocolate fudge stripes. As I had low fat vanilla ice cream on hand, used that instead of frozen yogurt. Very quick - will definitely use this for dinner party dessert in future.
Black Forest Parfaits
Photo: Becky Luigart-Stayner; Styling: Cindy Barr
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 315
- Fat: 3g
- Saturated fat: 1.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.4g
- Protein: 8.9g
- Carbohydrate: 65.1g
- Fiber: 3.4g
- Cholesterol: 8mg
- Iron: 1.2mg
- Sodium: 220mg
- Calcium: 166mg
- 2 cups frozen pitted sweet cherries
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 14 chocolate wafer cookies, crumbled (such as Nabisco Famous Chocolate Wafers)
- 2 cups vanilla fat-free frozen Greek yogurt
- 1. Combine cherries and cornstarch in a medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave cherry mixture at HIGH for 3 minutes or until hot. Mash cherries with a fork or potato masher until desired consistency.
- 2. Divide half of the chocolate wafer crumbs evenly among 4 parfait glasses. Spoon 2 tablespoons cherry mixture into each glass. Top each serving with 1/2 cup yogurt; divide remaining cherry mixture and remaining chocolate wafer crumbs among servings.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note