- 2 cups plus 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons PROMISE Buttery Spread
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 (6-oz.) container fat-free chocolate yogurt
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup chopped dried cherries or cranberries
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 375°. Stir together first 6 ingredients in a medium bowl.
Beat buttery spread and brown sugar with an electric mixer at medium speed 3 minutes or until creamy. Beat in yogurt and egg until blended. Gradually beat in flour mixture just until blended. Stir in cherries and pecans. Drop dough by 2 tablespoonfuls, 4 inches apart, onto lightly greased baking sheets.
Bake at 375° for 10 minutes or until edges are crisp and centers are set. Cool on baking sheets on wire racks 2 minutes; remove to wire racks, and cool 20 minutes or until completely cool.