This recipe must have reprinted in a later edition of CL, because I have made it since 2003! Have to admit, I switched from non-fat to low-fat sour cream but otherwise make as directed. It is good, not fantastic in my opinion, but kids love it.
Black Forest Cherry Cheesecake
This cheesecake variation of a Black Forest cake showcases dark, sweet cherries atop a creamy chocolate filling. The lovely presentation makes it a good choice for a special dinner.
Yield: 16 servings
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 292
- Calories from fat: 25%
- Fat: 8.1g
- Saturated fat: 4.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Protein: 7.6g
- Carbohydrate: 47.5g
- Fiber: 1.1g
- Cholesterol: 43mg
- Iron: 0.8mg
- Sodium: 233mg
- Calcium: 106mg
- CHERRY TOPPING:
- 2 cups pitted dark sweet cherries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 1/3 cups chocolate graham cracker crumbs (about 9 1/2 cookie sheets)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter or stick margarine, melted
- 1 large egg white
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1/2 cup fat-free sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (8-ounce) block 1/3-less-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 (8-ounce) block fat-free cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate minichips
- 36 dark sweet cherries, pitted and halved
- To prepare the cherry topping, place 2 cups cherries in a blender or food processor, and process until smooth. Combine the pureed cherries, 1/4 cup sugar, lemon juice, and cornstarch in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, and cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Pour cherry topping into a bowl; cover and chill.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- To prepare the crust, combine crumbs, 1/4 cup sugar, butter, and egg white in a bowl; toss with a fork until well-blended. Press crumb mixture into the bottom of a 10-inch springform pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes; cool on a wire rack. Reduce oven temperature to 300°.
- To prepare the filling, combine sour cream, milk, and cheeses in a large bowl. Beat at medium speed of a mixer until well-blended. Add 1 1/4 cups sugar, cocoa, vanilla, and eggs; beat well. Stir in minichips. Pour cheese mixture into prepared pan. Bake at 300° for 50 minutes or until almost set (center will not be firm, but will set up as it chills). Turn oven off; cool cheesecake in closed oven 40 minutes. Remove from oven; cool on a wire rack. Spread cherry topping over cheesecake. Top with cherry halves. Cover and chill 8 hours.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts