This is wonderful!!!!! We loved it very much
Black Forest Cheesecake Parfaits
Becky Luigart-Stayner; Melanie J. Clarke and Celine Chenoweth
In the Black Forest region of Germany, the signature dessert is layered with chocolate, cherries, and whipped cream. Here, cream cheese replaces whipped cream.
Yield: 8 servings (serving size: 1 parfait)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 236
- Calories from fat: 26%
- Fat: 6.8g
- Saturated fat: 3.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Protein: 3.5g
- Carbohydrate: 42.6g
- Fiber: 1.6g
- Cholesterol: 16mg
- Iron: 0.9mg
- Sodium: 147mg
- Calcium: 30mg
- 4 cups frozen unsweetened cherries
- 1/2 cup black cherry preserves
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 6 ounces 1/3-less-fat cream cheese
- 3/4 cup chocolate wafer crumbs (about 15 cookies; such as Nabisco's Famous Chocolate Wafers)
- Grated lemon rind (optional)
- Combine cherries and preserves in a medium saucepan, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer 5 minutes. Remove from heat, and cool completely.
- Combine sugar, juice, and cheese in a large bowl, and beat with a mixer at medium speed until smooth (about 2 minutes). Cover and chill.
- Spoon 2 teaspoons crumbs into each of 8 (8-ounce) glasses; top each with 1 1/2 tablespoons cream cheese mixture and 3 tablespoons cherry mixture. Repeat layers once, ending with cherry mixture. Garnish with rind, if desired. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts