- 4 cups frozen unsweetened cherries
- 1/2 cup black cherry preserves
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 6 ounces 1/3-less-fat cream cheese
- 3/4 cup chocolate wafer crumbs (about 15 cookies; such as Nabisco's Famous Chocolate Wafers)
- Grated lemon rind (optional)
- calories 236
- caloriesfromfat 26 %
- fat 6.8 g
- satfat 3.7 g
- monofat 2 g
- polyfat 0.7 g
- protein 3.5 g
- carbohydrate 42.6 g
- fiber 1.6 g
- cholesterol 16 mg
- iron 0.9 mg
- sodium 147 mg
- calcium 30 mg
How to Make It
Combine cherries and preserves in a medium saucepan, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer 5 minutes. Remove from heat, and cool completely.
Combine sugar, juice, and cheese in a large bowl, and beat with a mixer at medium speed until smooth (about 2 minutes). Cover and chill.
Spoon 2 teaspoons crumbs into each of 8 (8-ounce) glasses; top each with 1 1/2 tablespoons cream cheese mixture and 3 tablespoons cherry mixture. Repeat layers once, ending with cherry mixture. Garnish with rind, if desired. Serve immediately.