These cookies were very easy to make and the kids loved them, as well as the adults. Be sure to chill the cookie pans before using the cookie press. This makes it much easier for the cookies to stick to the pan. Enjoy!
Yield: Makes 8 dozen
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 tablespoons warm water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate morsels
- Beat butter and sugars at medium speed with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add peanut butter and next 3 ingredients, beating well.
- Combine flour, salt, and baking soda. Add to butter mixture, beating until blended.
- Use a cookie gun fitted with a flower-shaped disc to make cookies, following manufacturer's instructions. Place cookies on lightly greased baking sheets. Place a chocolate morsel in the center of each cookie.
- Bake at 350° for 8 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Chill 30 minutes. Freeze up to 1 month, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Black-Eyed Susans Recipe at a Glance