Black Eyed Peas & Pork Loin
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2.5-3 pound(s) Pork Loin (or chops...) S&P then sear on all sides
- 1 pound(s) dried black eyed peas Soaked overnight
- 4 clove(s) garlic whole
- 1-2 tablespoon(s) cumin
- 1 tablespoon(s) pepper (white or black)
- 2 whole(s) bay leaves
- handful diced onions
- 4 cup(s) water or pork stock
- Soak the beans overnight. Sear the pork on all sides (I used a piece of the loin). Put beans in crock pot. Settle pork in the middle of peas. Add cumin & pepper & onions - stir beans around. Add garlic cloves & bay leaves. Add 4 cups water.
- In crock-pot - Cook on high for ~3 hrs. Then on low for ~ 3 hrs. (Make sure beans are tender.)
- Serve with collards!
- Note - these were the best black eyed peas I've ever had....
This recipe is a personal recipe added by 2009KazMom and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note