Black-Eyed Pea Soup
Add bacon, garlic and chiles to a classic soup recipe and you get this delicious variation!
Yield: serves 12 to 14
- 6 slices bacon, crisply cooked and crumbled, drippings reserved
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (4-oz.) can chopped green chiles, drained
- 4 (15 1/2-oz.) cans black-eyed peas
- 2 (14 1/2-oz.) cans beef broth
- 1 (10-oz.) can diced tomatoes and green chiles
- Add onion, garlic, salt, pepper and chiles to bacon drippings in a Dutch oven; sauté until onion is golden. Add bacon, undrained peas and remaining ingredients. Increase heat to medium-high and bring to a boil; remove from heat. Serve with cornbread.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This