- 1 firm-ripe tomato (1/2 lb.)
- 1 cucumber (1/2 lb.)
- 1 red or yellow bell pepper (1/2 lb.)
- 1 can (15 oz.) black-eyed peas
- 1 cup thinly sliced green onions (including tops)
- 1 cup lightly packed chopped fresh dill
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh-ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Red-leaf lettuce leaves, rinsed and crisped
- calories 107
- caloriesfromfat 7.6 %
- protein 5.5 g
- fat 0.9 g
- satfat 0.1 g
- carbohydrate 22 g
- fiber 1.6 g
- sodium 230 mg
- cholesterol 0.0 mg
How to Make It
Rinse, core, and cut tomato into 1/2-inch cubes.
Peel, seed, and cut cucumber into 1/2-inch cubes.
Stem, seed, and cut bell pepper into 1/2-inch squares.
Drain peas, then rinse and drain again and put into a large bowl. Add tomato, cucumber, bell pepper, onions, and dill.
Mix orange juice, wine vinegar, cumin, ground pepper, and garlic; add dressing to bowl.
Mix dressing with vegetables. Add salt to taste.
Line a platter with lettuce and spoon salad onto it.