This is quite good although it could stand some more seasoning. I used frozen peas, and I made my own vinaigrette. 3/4 cup is plenty. A full 8 ounces of dressing would make it rather soupy.
Black-Eyed Pea Salad
Photo: Tina Cornett; Styling: Leslie Byars Simpson
Yield: 8 servings
- 1 large tomato
- 1 green bell pepper
- 2 green onions
- 6 fresh mushrooms
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 (16-ounce) cans black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 (4-ounce) jar diced pimiento, drained
- 1 (8-ounce) bottle Italian dressing
- Lettuce and red cabbage leaves
- 2 tablespoons cooked, crumbled bacon
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- Seed and chop tomato; chop bell pepper. Slice 2 green onions and mushrooms, and mince garlic. Place tomato, bell pepper, green onions, mushrooms, and garlic in a large bowl. Stir in peas and next 3 ingredients. Cover and chill, stirring occasionally, 8 hours.
- Drain salad, and spoon onto a lettuce-lined platter. Sprinkle with bacon and 1/3 cup sliced green onions.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note