- 1 large tomato
- 1 green bell pepper
- 2 green onions
- 6 fresh mushrooms
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 (16-ounce) cans black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 (4-ounce) jar diced pimiento, drained
- 1 (8-ounce) bottle Italian dressing
- Lettuce and red cabbage leaves
- 2 tablespoons cooked, crumbled bacon
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
How to Make It
Seed and chop tomato; chop bell pepper. Slice 2 green onions and mushrooms, and mince garlic. Place tomato, bell pepper, green onions, mushrooms, and garlic in a large bowl. Stir in peas and next 3 ingredients. Cover and chill, stirring occasionally, 8 hours.
Drain salad, and spoon onto a lettuce-lined platter. Sprinkle with bacon and 1/3 cup sliced green onions.