- 1 1/2 cups frozen black-eyed peas
- 1/2 jalapeño pepper, seeded
- 3/4 cup chopped country ham
- 1 (3.5-oz.) package fresh shiitake mushrooms, sliced (or 4 oz. sliced button mushrooms)
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 cup olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup finely chopped toasted walnuts
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- Pickled Red Onions and Cukes, drained
How to Make It
Cook peas according to package directions, adding jalapeño to water. Drain.
Sauté ham and next 2 ingredients in 2 Tbsp. hot olive oil over medium-high heat 4 to 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Stir in wine, and cook, stirring occasionally, 1 minute.
Process peas, jalapeño, ham mixture, and remaining 6 Tbsp. olive oil in a food processor just until smooth. Stir in walnuts and next 2 ingredients; add salt and pepper to taste. Cover and chill 8 to 24 hours.
Stir pâté, and add salt and pepper to taste. Transfer to a shallow bowl, or spoon into small jars. Top with desired amount of Pickled Red Onions and Cukes. Serve with crostini.