Black-Eyed Pea Nachos
- 2 teaspoon(s) canola oil
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 3 clove(s) garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 16-ounce bag(s) frozen black-Eyed Peas, prepared according to package directions (1 1/2 cups)
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) sea salt
- 4 ounce(s) (about 5 cups) tortilla chips
- 1 cup(s) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup(s) chopped cilantro
- 1/2 lime
- Sriracha sauce to taste
- Preheat oven to 450°F. In a medium skillet, heat canola oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic and cook, stirring frequently, until onion is softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in peas and salt and cook 1 more minute.
- Spread chips over the bottom of a 9- x 13-inch baking dish and spoon pea mixture over the top. Sprinkle with cheese and bake just until cheese melts and the nachos are very hot, 8 to 10 minutes. Sprinkle with cilantro and squeeze lime over the top of the nachos. Squirt Sriracha sauce over the top (careful, it's very spicy!) and serve warm.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note