- 2 (15.5-oz.) cans unsalted black-eyed peas, rinsed, drained, and divided
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1/2 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- calories 322
- fat 11.6 g
- satfat 1.8 g
- monofat 6 g
- polyfat 1.4 g
- protein 16 g
- carbohydrate 42 g
- fiber 9 g
- cholesterol 93 mg
- iron 4 mg
- sodium 457 mg
- calcium 75 mg
- Est. Added Sugars 0
- sugars 5
How to Make It
Place 1/2 cup peas in a bowl; set aside. Place remaining peas in a food processor; pulse until coarsely mashed. Combine mashed peas, panko, 3 tablespoons onions, 1/2 teaspoon salt, red pepper, and eggs in a bowl. Divide and shape pea mixture into 8 (3-inch) patties.
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium. Add 4 patties to pan; cook 5 minutes on each side. Remove patties from pan; keep warm. Repeat procedure with remaining 1 tablespoon oil and remaining 4 patties.
Increase heat to medium-high. Add corn to pan; cook 2 minutes. Place corn in a bowl; let stand 5 minutes.
Add reserved 1/2 cup peas, remaining 1 tablespoon onions, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, tomatoes, and remaining ingredients to corn, stirring to combine. Spoon evenly over cakes.