- 1 (15-oz.) can seasoned black-eyed peas, undrained
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 (6-oz.) package buttermilk cornbread mix
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Southwest chipotle salt-free seasoning blend
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 (12-oz.) package fresh broccoli slaw
- 2 large beefsteak tomatoes, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
How to Make It
Coarsely mash peas with fork. Stir in garlic, next 4 ingredients, and 1/2 tsp. salt. Stir until blended.
Spoon about 1/3 cup batter for each cake onto a hot lightly greased griddle. Cook cakes 2 minutes or until edges look dry and cooked; turn and cook 2 more minutes.
Stir together 1/3 cup sour cream, next 3 ingredients, and remaining 1/2 tsp. salt in a large bowl. Stir in slaw.
Place each cooked cake on a serving plate; top each with 2 tomato slices. Add salt and pepper to taste. Top with slaw; serve immediately.