Black-eyed Pea Bread
- 1 (32-ounce) package frozen bread dough loaves
- 1 (16-ounce) package ground pork sausage
- 1 (3.5-ounce) package pepperoni slices, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (15.8-ounce) can black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- Thaw bread dough loaves in refrigerator 8 hours.
- Cook sausage, pepperoni, and onion in a large skillet, stirring until sausage crumbles and is no longer pink. Drain well. Cool slightly, and stir in black-eyed peas, Cheddar cheese, and mozzarella cheese.
- Roll each loaf of thawed bread dough into a 12- x 5-inch rectangle on a lightly floured surface. Brush with egg yolks. Spread each loaf evenly with sausage mixture. Roll up, starting with a long side; pinch ends to seal. Place, seam side down, on a lightly greased baking sheet. Brush with remaining egg yolks.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes; cover loosely with aluminum foil, and bake 10 more minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This