Black-eyed Pea-and-Sweet Potato Salad
- 2 medium-size sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 purple onion, quartered and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 1/2 cup mango chutney
- 3 (15.8-ounce) cans black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Bring potato and water to cover to a boil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook 15 minutes or until potato is tender. Drain and set potato aside.
- Sauté onion in hot oil in saucepan over medium heat 4 minutes or until tender. Add garlic and next 4 ingredients. Cook, stirring constantly, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Stir together lime juice and chutney in a large bowl; add potato, onion mixture, peas, and remaining ingredients, tossing gently to coat. Cover and chill at least 1 hour.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This