Black-eyed Pea-and-Ham Dip
Photo: Beth Dreiling; Styling: Buffy Hargett
More From Southern Living
- 1/2 cup diced country ham
- 2 (15.8-oz.) cans black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 large tomato, finely chopped
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 to 2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- Cornbread crackers
- 1. Sauté ham in a lightly greased large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat 3 to 5 minutes or until lightly brown; stir in black-eyed peas and 3/4 cup water. Reduce heat to medium, and simmer 8 minutes or until liquid is reduced by three-fourths. Partially mash beans with back of a spoon to desired consistency.
- 2. Stir together tomato and next 5 ingredients. Spoon warm bean mixture into a serving dish, and top with tomato mixture. Serve with crackers.
- Note: Prepare dip 24 hours in advance, if desired; then reheat before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This