Black Cats & Bats
Don't let these black cats and bats scare you... they are as sweet as can be.
- 2/3 cup shortening
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 teaspoons milk
- 3 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Garnish: black sanding sugar, green gel icing
- In a large bowl, blend shortening and sugar; add eggs, vanilla and milk. In a separate bowl, mix remaining ingredients. Add flour mixture to shortening mixture; stir until well blended. Divide dough into 3 or 4 balls; wrap in plastic wrap and chill for at least one hour. Roll out dough 1/4-inch thick on a floured surface. Cut out shapes with cookie cutters. Transfer to ungreased baking sheats. Bake at 400 degrees for 7 to 9 minutes. Cool before frosting. Tint Powdered Sugar Frosting black; spread on cookies. Sprinkle with black sanding sugar while still wet. Add eyes with gren gel icing.
Roll and cut out the shapes of these cookies, bake them days before you are ready to start decorating. Simply freeze them until you have time to do the decorating.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note