- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- Cocoa Cream Frosting
- Gumdrops (optional)
- Candy corn (optional)
- Licorice ropes (optional)
How to Make It
Cream butter; gradually add sugar, beating well. Add egg; beat well.
Combine flour, baking powder, and salt; add to creamed mixture, alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Stir in vanilla and chocolate morsels.
Spoon batter into a paper lined muffin pan, filling one-half full. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool in pan 10 minutes; remove to wire rack to complete cooling. Frost with Cocoa Cream Frosting. Garnish with gumdrops, candy corn, and licorice ropes, if desired.