Yield: Makes 1(9-inch) deep-dish pie
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons rum
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 cups milk
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate morsels
- Gingersnap Crust
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Garnish: chocolate curls
- Stir together 2 tablespoons water and rum in a small bowl. Sprinkle gelatin over mixture. Stir mixture, and set aside.
- Combine sugar and cornstarch in a heavy saucepan; gradually whisk in milk and egg yolks. Bring to a boil over medium heat, whisking constantly; boil 1 minute. Stir in gelatin mixture until dissolved.
- Stir together 1 cup custard mixture and morsels until smooth. Pour into Gingersnap Crust. Chill 30 minutes or until set. Set aside remaining custard mixture.
- Beat whipping cream at high speed with an electric mixer until foamy; gradually add powdered sugar, beating until soft peaks form.
- Fold 1 cup whipped cream into remaining custard mixture. Spoon over chocolate mixture. Chill pie and remaining whipped cream 2 hours or until pie is set. Spread remaining whipped cream over pie. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note