Black-Bottom Ice Cream Pie
This is an easy dessert to prepare anytime. Editor's Note: This dessert takes time to make since each layer must be set before the next layer is added. Recipe published in Country Extra July 1998.
Refrigerate: 30 Minutes
Freeze: 8 Hours
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 1/2 cup(s) crushed gingersnaps (about 24 cookies)
- 1/4 cup(s) confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup(s) butter, melted
- 1 cup(s) chocolate ice cream, softened
- 1 cup(s) (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup(s) heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 1 quart(s) vanilla ice cream, softened
- Sweetened whipped cream and maraschino cherry, optional
- • Combine the gingersnap crumbs, confectioners' sugar and butter; press onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. pie plate. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Spoon chocolate ice cream into crust; freeze until firm, about 1 hour.
- • Meanwhile, in a heavy saucepan, melt chocolate chips with cream over low heat, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; add vanilla. Cool. Spread half of the chocolate sauce over chocolate ice cream; freeze until set, about 1 hour.
- • Spoon vanilla ice cream over chocolate sauce; freeze until firm, about 1 hour. Spread remaining chocolate sauce evenly over pie; freeze for 4-6 hours or overnight. Remove from the freezer 5-10 minutes before serving. Garnish with sweetened whipped cream and a cherry if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note