1. preheat oven to 325ºF. Insert liners into a medium cupcake pan, or grease the pan. Place the chocolate cookie in the bottom of each liner or pan.
2. In a large bowl mix together 1 cup of the sugar, the oil and the water until blended. Stir in the vinegar and vanilla.
3. In a separate medium bowl mix together the flour, baking soda, cocoa powder and 1/4 teaspoon of the salt.
4. Add all the dry mixture to the wet mixture and beat until incorporated. Set aside.
5. In a medium bowl beat together the cream cheese, egg and the remaining sugar and salt. Stir in chocolate chips.
6. Fill cupcake liners or pan half full with the chocolate batter. Top with a heaping tablespoon of the cream cheese mixture. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the edges of the cupcakes are puffed but the centers look moist. Cool cupcakes in the pan.
Go to full version of