Black Bottom Cupcakes
I found this recipe in Crazy About Cupcakes by Krystina Castella and made them for my 8 year old daughter's Birthday to share in her classroom. The kids loved them!
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 24 round chocolate cookies (I used Oreo's with the cream taken out)
- 1 1/3 cup(s) granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup(s) vegetable oil
- 1 cup(s) water
- 1 tablespoon(s) white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup(s) all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 8 oz package(s) of cream cheese at room temperature
- 1 egg
- 1 cup(s) mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup(s) cocoa powder
- 1. preheat oven to 325ºF. Insert liners into a medium cupcake pan, or grease the pan. Place the chocolate cookie in the bottom of each liner or pan.
- 2. In a large bowl mix together 1 cup of the sugar, the oil and the water until blended. Stir in the vinegar and vanilla.
- 3. In a separate medium bowl mix together the flour, baking soda, cocoa powder and 1/4 teaspoon of the salt.
- 4. Add all the dry mixture to the wet mixture and beat until incorporated. Set aside.
- 5. In a medium bowl beat together the cream cheese, egg and the remaining sugar and salt. Stir in chocolate chips.
- 6. Fill cupcake liners or pan half full with the chocolate batter. Top with a heaping tablespoon of the cream cheese mixture. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the edges of the cupcakes are puffed but the centers look moist. Cool cupcakes in the pan.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by AmandaShafer and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note