We substituted steak for the roast beef and Gorgonzola for the blue cheese. This was a nice alternative to typical Southwest quesadillas and was certainly a quick and easy weeknight meal.
Black and Blue Quesadillas
A sweet and salty flavor combination is always a huge hit, and the blue cheese and balsamic glaze in these beefy quesadillas is no exception. Pair with Mixed Greens with Lime Vinaigrette for a sensational meal.
Prep: 5 minutes; Cook: 11 minutes
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 233
- Calories from fat: 17%
- Fat: 4g
- Saturated fat: 1.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 20.3g
- Carbohydrate: 27.9g
- Fiber: 2.3g
- Cholesterol: 33.5mg
- Iron: 1.5mg
- Sodium: 484mg
- Calcium: 26mg
- Cooking spray
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 4 (8-inch) fat-free flour tortillas
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced low-sodium deli roast beef (such as Boar's Head)
- 2 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
- 4 teaspoons balsamic glaze (such as Gia Russa)
- 1. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add onion; sauté 3 to 4 minutes or until tender and lightly browned. Remove from heat.
- 2. Top half of each tortilla evenly with beef, onion, and cheese. Fold tortillas in half.
- 3. Return pan to heat. Coat pan and both sides of quesadillas evenly with cooking spray. Place 2 quesadillas in pan; cook 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until browned. Repeat procedure with remaining quesadillas. Cut each quesadilla into 4 wedges; drizzle with 1 teaspoon glaze.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note