Black and Blue Crab Cakes
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup fine, dry breadcrumbs
- 1 pound fresh jumbo lump crabmeat, drained
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Old Bay seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 6 tablespoons clarified butter
- 1 tablespoon Blackening Spice
- Reddened Butter Sauce
- Sprinkle breadcrumbs over crabmeat in a medium bowl.
- Stir together mayonnaise and next 7 ingredients in a small bowl; pour over crabmeat mixture, and toss gently. Shape mixture into 5 (3-inch) patties. (Mixture will be very soft.) Cover and chill at least 1 1/2 hours.
- Brush crab cakes with 2 tablespoons clarified butter. Sprinkle evenly with Blackening Spice. Cook crab cakes in 1/4 cup clarified butter in a hot cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat 2 to 3 minutes on each side. Serve with Reddened Butter Sauce.
- Note: To make clarified butter, melt 1/2 cup butter over low heat. (Fat rises to the top, and milk solids sink to the bottom.) Skim off white froth that appears on top; strain off clear, yellow butter, keeping back the sediment.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Black and Blue Crab Cakes Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes Like This