Black Beans 'n' Spuds
Black beans add extra protein and fiber to this meal. We think it is a fun, creative way to dress up potatoes. If the kids wonder about the black spots (the beans), call 'em polka-dot potatoes.
This recipe goes with Cuban-Style Shredded Pork
More From Southern Living
- 1 (24-oz.) package refrigerated mashed potatoes
- 1 (15-oz.) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1. Microwave potatoes according to package directions.
- 2. Stir together potatoes, black beans, and butter in a large microwave-safe bowl. Cover with plastic wrap; fold back a small edge to allow steam to escape. Microwave at HIGH 1 to 2 minutes or until hot. Stir in cilantro. Serve immediately.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Diner's Choice Country Style Mashed Potatoes. You can substitute 4 cups of your favorite hot mashed potatoes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note