Black Bean Tostadas
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 541
- Calories from fat: 41%
- Protein: 22g
- Fat: 25g
- Saturated fat: 7.4g
- Carbohydrate: 62g
- Fiber: 22g
- Sodium: 1256mg
- Cholesterol: 21mg
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground dried chipotle chile
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cans (15 oz. each) black beans
- 8 tostada shells (6 in. diameter)
- 1 cup sliced radishes
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 cup crumbled queso fresco* or shredded jack cheese
- Lime wedges
- Salsa and/or sour cream
- 1. In a frying pan, warm oil over medium heat. Add garlic, onion, and red pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is softened, 8 to 10 minutes. Stir in ground chile and cumin and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- 2. Drain beans, reserving their liquid, and add to pan along with about 1/2 cup liquid. Stir and mash until beans form a slightly chunky purée and are heated through, about 3 minutes.
- 3. To assemble tostadas, top each shell with 1/2 cup bean mixture, a few radishes, avocado slices, and cheese. Serve with lime wedges and salsa and/or sour cream.
- *Find in Latino markets and well-stocked grocery stores.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note