Black Bean Tomatillo Dip
Photo: Jeffery Cross; Styling: Randy Mon
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 38
- Calories from fat: 20%
- Protein: 1.9g
- Fat: 0.9g
- Saturated fat: 0.5g
- Carbohydrate: 5.5g
- Fiber: 1.6g
- Sodium: 137mg
- Cholesterol: 1.6mg
- 1/2 pound tomatillos, husked and rinsed
- About 2 tbsp. coarsely chopped cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon lime zest
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (15 oz.) reduced-sodium black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon chopped canned chipotle chile
- 1/3 cup chopped drained roasted red peppers
- 1/4 cup plain whole-milk Greek yogurt
- 1. Preheat broiler. Put tomatillos on a rimmed baking sheet and broil 2 to 3 in. from heat, turning once, until charred in places, about 12 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes.
- 2. Pulse tomatillos (including skins) only 4 or 5 times in a food processor with 2 tbsp. cilantro, the zest, and 1/4 tsp. each salt and pepper. Scrape into a bowl; set aside.
- 3. Pulse garlic, beans, broth, chipotle, and remaining 1/4 tsp. each salt and pepper in a food processor until almost smooth.
- 4. Spread bean mixture in a small bowl (preferably straight-sided). Spoon red peppers, then tomatillo sauce in layers on top. Spoon yogurt in the middle. Garnish with more cilantro and serve with chips.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per 3-Tbsp. serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Black Bean Tomatillo Dip Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes Like This