- 1/2 pound tomatillos, husked and rinsed
- About 2 tbsp. coarsely chopped cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon lime zest
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (15 oz.) reduced-sodium black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon chopped canned chipotle chile
- 1/3 cup chopped drained roasted red peppers
- 1/4 cup plain whole-milk Greek yogurt
- calories 38
- caloriesfromfat 20 %
- protein 1.9 g
- fat 0.9 g
- satfat 0.5 g
- carbohydrate 5.5 g
- fiber 1.6 g
- sodium 137 mg
- cholesterol 1.6 mg
How to Make It
Preheat broiler. Put tomatillos on a rimmed baking sheet and broil 2 to 3 in. from heat, turning once, until charred in places, about 12 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes.
Pulse tomatillos (including skins) only 4 or 5 times in a food processor with 2 tbsp. cilantro, the zest, and 1/4 tsp. each salt and pepper. Scrape into a bowl; set aside.
Pulse garlic, beans, broth, chipotle, and remaining 1/4 tsp. each salt and pepper in a food processor until almost smooth.
Spread bean mixture in a small bowl (preferably straight-sided). Spoon red peppers, then tomatillo sauce in layers on top. Spoon yogurt in the middle. Garnish with more cilantro and serve with chips.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per 3-Tbsp. serving.